Business Administration and Management Program
Business Administration & Management (AA & BA) is designed for those who wish to acquire a professional discipline within the context of a Christian lifestyle. This program offers a broad and integrated approach to business administration that assesses the social, legal, and economic dimensions of business.
The degree includes the opportunity to develop skills in marketing, product development, sales force management, advertising, promotion, and non-profit corporate management. The major combines quantitative methods such as economics, law, and human resource management, with qualitative skills in communication, organizational behavior, and systems theory. Management expertise is applied in virtually all areas of business and industry within the context of Godly biblical principles. It is our belief that Biblical teachings are foundational in good business practices within a community.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Business Administration & Management program graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate fundamental knowledge in core functional areas of business.
- Describe the legal, social, economic, and global environments of business.
- Demonstrate awareness of the importance of the ethical requirements of business activities.
- Construct and present effective oral and written forms of professional communication.
- Demonstrate leadership and strategic skills that support sensible, future-oriented leaders and innovators.
- Apply business acumen in an integrated manner using decision-support tools for business decision-making.
- Marketing and Promotions
- Non-profit management
- Financial Accounting for management
- Human Resources
- Business Communication
- Business Ethics
- Organizational Behavior
- Project Management
- Business and Non-Profit Law
Potential Careers and Job Opportunities
The purpose and mission of Christian Life College to equip learners for a life of commitment to Christ, biblical fidelity, educational excellence, and lasting service to the kingdom of God. The types of ministries and careers our degrees lead to will vary upon individual choice. Below are some suggested career objectives and job vocations for the Business Administration degree:
- Human Services
- Non-profit Administration
- Office Administrator
Graduation Plan / Course Sequence
Business Administration Faculty
The business program faculty is diverse, not only in education but in experience and talent, bringing together a robust program that allows for broad interests and needs, from self-employee entrepreneurial interests to ministerial non-profit and management interests. The program is designed to expose students to the important pillars of good business, but allow students to seek their specialty through the Senior thesis/capstone project. Here students select their advisors and can pursue the study of business that not only interests them but may reveal practical inroads into the goals they may wish to pursue.